Website JPMorgan Chase
About the job
As a Senior Software Engineer, your mission is to help lead our team of innovators and technologists toward creating next-level solutions that improve the way our business is run. Your deep knowledge of application development will help your team raise their game, meeting your standards, as well as satisfying both business and functional requirements. Your expertise in various technology domains will be counted on to set strategic direction and solve complex and mission critical problems, internally and externally. Embracing leading-edge technologies and methodologies inspires your team to follow suit. Collaborating with our network of global technologists will enable you to deliver diverse and inclusive software solutions.
The Quant Engineering team is seeking a well-rounded hands-on technologist that is experienced in building and supporting mission critical applications. The selected candidate will work closely with the quant researchers to develop quant models and tools that support a variety of research and investment processes.
- Hands-on design and development of robust and feature-rich applications that support the quantitative investment process
- Actively drive the design and implementation of new quant research applications
- Advance the quant research application functionality by working directly with research analysts to understand their needs and deliver solutions
- Provide support and maintenance of existing applications and tools
- Participation in the full Software Delivery Lifecycle including coding, testing, deployment, and support in a DevOps environment
- Professional software development experience
- Proficiency in either Java or Python
- Knowledge of SQL & NoSQL databases
- Knowledge of AWS or other cloud computing environments
- Strong analytical, technical, and communication skills
- Ability to work directly with end users
The hiring manager for this job opening would welcome a conversation about flexible working.
This could range from ad hoc flexibility in a full time position, to a more formal Flexible Work Arrangement.
J.P. Morgan is a global leader in asset and wealth management services. The Asset Management line of business serves institutional, ultra-high net worth, high net worth and retail clients through its Global Investment Management and Global Wealth Management businesses. With client assets of $2.4 trillion and assets under management of $1.7 trillion, we are one of the largest asset and wealth managers in the world.
J.P. Morgan Asset Management (Investment Management) is a leading investment manager of choice for institutions, financial intermediaries and individual investors, worldwide. With a heritage of more than two centuries, a broad range of core and alternative strategies, and investment professionals operating in every major world market, we offer investment experience and insight that few other firms can match.
J.P. Morgan is a global leader in financial services, providing strategic advice and products to the world’s most prominent corporations, governments, wealthy individuals and institutional investors. Our first-class business in a first-class way approach to serving clients drives everything we do. We strive to build trusted, long-term partnerships to help our clients achieve their business objectives.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.