Website JPMorgan Chase
About the job
Cyber Operation’s software engineers develop the next-generation technologies to decrease and manage the risk of millions of users using JPMC products. Our products need to handle information at massive scale. We’re looking for engineers who bring fresh ideas from all areas, including information retrieval, distributed computing, large-scale system design, networking and data storage, security, artificial intelligence, natural language processing, UI design and mobile; the list goes on and is growing every day. As a software engineer, you will work on a specific project related to Vulnerability Management Response and Remediation solutions with the opportunities to switch teams and projects as you and our fast-paced business grow and evolve. We need our engineers to be versatile, display leadership qualities and be enthusiastic to take on new problems across the full-stack as we continue to push technology forward.
- Write and test product or system development code.
- Participate in, or lead design reviews with peers and stakeholders to decide amongst available technologies.
- Review code developed by other developers and provide feedback to ensure best practices (e.g., style guidelines, checking code in, accuracy, testability, and efficiency).
- Contribute to existing documentation or educational content and adapt content based on product/program updates and user feedback.
- Triage product or system issues and debug/track/resolve by analyzing the sources of issues and the impact on hardware, network, or service operations and quality.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- 2 years of experience with data structures or algorithms.
- Experience to develop and deploy applications using Kubernetes, Docker, Helm etc, preferably on AWS.
- Development experience in Continuous Integration and Continuous Development (CI/CD), e.g. Github, Terraform, Jenkins
- Experience with Federated Query and Big Data technologies such as Apache Spark.
- Master’s degree or PhD in Computer Science or related technical fields.
- 2 years of experience building developer tools that improve developer velocity, code quality and code health (e.g., compilers, automated releases, code design and testing, test automation frameworks).
- Experience developing accessible technologies.
Perks at Cyber Operation
- We hire good people and take care of them. Whether it’s your favorite coconut water in the fridge or an office-wide chili cook-off, JPMC believes in fostering an environment where employees don’t just come to work hard but play hard. We host beer and pizza nights to solve tough problems and ensure teams get time to blow off steam.
- Keep learning. JPMC offers regular Tech Talks that promote an environment for people to grow outside of their job title. In addition, we promote a continued education budget for each of our employees to grow and improve in tandem with the company.
- Our employees are creative, excited, and above all a team. JPMC is one of the largest banks in the world and we make sure to hire only the best of the best. Better yet, every employee is passionate about the company and our mission. (Can you blame us?) When you put that passion in a collaborative setting it unites everyone as a team.
- Fighting criminals is in the job description. No matter which facet of JPMC you want to work for, we are all working towards the same goal– making sure the bad guys don’t win.
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world’s most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
The health and safety of our colleagues, candidates, clients and communities has been a top priority in light of the COVID-19 pandemic. JPMorgan Chase was awarded the “WELL Health-Safety Rating” for all of our 6,200 locations globally based on our operational policies, maintenance protocols, stakeholder engagement and emergency plans to address a post-COVID-19 environment.
As a part of our commitment to health and safety, we have implemented various COVID-related health and safety requirements for our workforce. Employees are expected to follow the Firm’s current COVID-19 or other infectious disease health and safety requirements, including local requirements. Requirements include sharing information including your vaccine card in the firm’s vaccine record tool, and may include mask wearing. Requirements may change in the future with the evolving public health landscape. JPMorgan Chase will consider accommodation requests as required by applicable law.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans