Website JPMorgan Chase
About the job
J.P. Morgan’s Corporate & Investment Bank (CIB) is a global leader across banking, markets and investor services. The world’s most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. With $23.5 trillion of assets under custody and ranked #1 for Global Investment Banking fees, the Corporate & Investment Bank provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk and extends liquidity in markets around the world.
Cross Product Change Services (CPCS) is a change delivery organisation within the CIB’s Digital & Platform Services (D&PS) that provides integrated change, testing and implementation support to CIB stakeholders. CPCS capabilities include end-to-end test management and automation, business analysis, data analytics and program management, which are tailored to enable strategic initiatives in the Wholesale Payments, Markets and Securities Services businesses, as well as cross-business functions such as Network Management and Client Onboarding (Client Tax & WKO).
J.P. Morgan is seeking an Associate to provide Senior Business Testing Analysis for the Wholesale Payments LOB; in a cross business, cross functional project based environment. Flexibility to provide Testing experience on other LOB’s and support transformational Global initiatives within Cross Product Change Services. The successful candidate would also be expected to support the strategic roll out of an automated testing solution.
- Responsibility for the provision of accurate testing estimates within daily scrum calls.
- Documentation and execution of test scenarios – identify specific scenarios and write test scripts using Business Driven Development for example Gherkin.
- Utilisation of test automation tools, to enable the efficient and timely E2E test execution, therefore previous experience of automated testing is required.
- Partner closely with Operations, Product and Technology groups.
- Identifying opportunities to accelerate and synergise testing processes for assigned projects and syndicate the information to other team members to validate prior to implementation.
- Taking responsibility for the monitoring and reporting of Testing defects and the re-testing process.
- Deputising for the Test Manager as necessary in Project calls and communications with relevant colleagues.
- Validation and presentation of Test Results for internal Sign-off.
Functional and Technical Expertise
- Relevant testing experience within the Financial Services industry supporting multiple LOB’s delivering in a highly complex, pressurised and high volume environment.
- Expertise in Agile project delivery methodology and skills to learn and work with evolving methodologies.
- Experienced in testing processes in order to define requirements, document user stories and test scripts through to test execution.
- Ability to work with the minimum of supervision on day-to-day activities.
- Strong organizational skills – ability to dynamically manage and oversee critical testing tasks accurately and to tight deadlines.
- Functional knowledge of Wholesale Payments utilising SWIFT, BACS and Real-Time Payments.
- Working knowledge of direct testing with Clearing Houses and Central Banks would be an advantage.
- Experienced in using Business Driven Development / Test Driven Development test methodology or test case automation.
- Experienced in using Cucumber / Gherkin / Team City or a similar tool is required.
Problem Solving and Analysis
- Skilled at problem solving, ability to scope and provide structure to complex issues, rapidly learn unfamiliar processes and provide insightful and timely remediation.
- Excellent attention to detail so errors can be prevented and redundancies / opportunities highlighted.
- Ability to keep sight of the overall context and remain centred on the strategic picture, identify areas of opportunity for process improvement and build out recommendation to proceed.
- Ability to use effective systemic data driven reporting to support program reporting.
- Advanced numeracy and Microsoft skills.
- Very strong communication skills with the ability to provide clear and succinct verbal updates on their work to team members, colleagues, senior leads, executives and clients.
- Ability to liaise effectively between lines of business with empathy and understanding to achieve the common and strategic goal as a team.
- PowerPoint / Pitch Pro skills – able to create professional slides and structure presentations with minimal input and need for secondary review.
- Actively contributes to program updates, Project and team meetings.
Working Style and Influence
- Ability to handle multiple projects, manage personnel & team management in order to meet stakeholder expectations.
- Ability to build and nurture effective and lasting relationships with colleagues, team members and stakeholders across multiple business lines and global locations.
- Ability to work collaboratively and with effective influencing skills to achieve positive outcomes.
- Ability to understand own role and those of other team members and recognise at times the need for flexibility within roles to achieve the project and organisational objectives.
- Able to work comfortably and assuredly under pressure to achieve target deadlines.
- Ability to work on a hands on basis and not limit oneself to only tracking and reporting milestones.
- Confident to raise concerns with senior team and support resolution.
- Effective change management skills. Ability to support & adapt within a changing environment.
- Self-starter, able to work independently, with strong time management skills.
- Batchelor degree (with relevant experience) preferred.
- Project / Agile methodology Qualification – preferred.
- Worked in CIB business function, Global Markets, Middle Office, Wholesale Payments or Security Services.
- Testing experience required.
- Agile methodology skills required.
- Test Automation skills required.
- Experienced in day-to-day team management required.
JPMorgan is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
J.P. Morgan is a global leader in financial services, providing strategic advice and products to the world’s most prominent corporations, governments, wealthy individuals and institutional investors. Our first-class business in a first-class way approach to serving clients drives everything we do. We strive to build trusted, long-term partnerships to help our clients achieve their business objectives.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.