Website Leeds City Council
Our ambition is to be the best city and the ‘best council’ in the UK; fair, open, and welcoming, with an economy that is both prosperous and sustainable, so that all our communities are successful.
- You will implement, train, and maintain project management methodologies that will allow the department to ensure schemes and projects are delivered on time, to a high level of customer satisfaction and within the relevant budgetary parameters.
- The Site Development Service plays a vital role in supporting the delivery of regeneration and new development projects.
- As Principal Operations Manager you will have an opportunity to lead and influence the development of services, supporting the delivery of some flagship projects both within Leeds and the surrounding areas.
- As a pivotal leadership role, this post will support and report directly to the Site Development Operations Manager; managing and co-ordinating a professional and technical team who in-turn process and deliver S38 and S278 schemes across the Leeds City Region.
- You will motivate, develop, and coach team members at varying levels investing in the future of the Engineering community, this will include, undertaking effective appraisals, development plans and regular 121s to increase capabilities and commercial awareness.
- Conducting and chairing regular internal meetings will be an important element of your role, working with finance management teams to monitor budgets and identify value for money opportunities.
- Developing strong stakeholder relationships is critical to achieve corporate objectives and to maintain being the service provider of the choice.
- You will represent the council as a senior officer to develop these relationships with external stakeholders, to understand the best ways to work collaboratively and ensure value for money is delivered across all service areas.
- We are seeking applications from experienced leaders who can demonstrate a proven track record in this area.
- Due to the direction of travel in which the department is going, experience of change management or transformation projects is required with either a Construction or a Civil Engineering environment.
- The key to being successful in this position, will be strong leadership skills, both in terms of managing and leading people and operational functions.
- You will have infectious enthusiasm and a desire to implement, increase and drive best practice when it comes to process, stakeholder engagement and delivery, both on-time and within budgetary parameters.
- Contract performance is also key, and the successful individual must be able to articulate their expertise in managing complex contracts and highlight where they have done so collaboratively.
- A technical understanding of S38 and S278 schemes would be highly advantageous.
Qualification & Experience:
- This is a highly rewarding opportunity where you will be leading a team of professionals and a complex operation to successfully deliver Section 38/278 schemes across the Leeds City Region, working collaboratively with stakeholders to achieve the local authority’s collective ambitions.
Company: Leeds City Council
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Leeds, England
Application Deadline: N/AApply Here