Website Marks and Spencer
About the job
M&S is changing, and it’s changing fast! As part of our ongoing transformation to deliver “Stores of the Future” we are looking for innovative and resilient Leaders. We are working hard to ensure our store estate is fit for the future, by trialling different concepts and opening new stores – our plan is to open c.75 stores over the next 3 years that will offer our customers a new and innovative shopping experience, whilst maintaining the traditional M&S values our customers love.
The sweeping innovations that we’re rolling out at M&S will define a new era of retail. And we want you to help us introduce them to our customers. As a Manager in-store, we want you to help us transform our business on a record scale, by showing everyone how crafting the perfect customer experience can change M&S for good.
As a Store Manager demonstrating strong drive and vision is imperative, having a real commercial instinct, a business transformation mentality, and a passion for high performance in everything you do is key. We are looking for accomplished Retail Superstars with experience in food retail or clothing & home who are proven leaders.
About The Role
Setting first class standards and driving continuous improvement are crucial attributes to exploit every commercial opportunity and drive sales. With a passion for delivering excellent standards at all times combined with continuously driving growth & profitability of the store or Foods section through successful implementation of the M&S retail plan.
- To drive a selling culture within your team.
- To lead your team to deliver excellent customer service and hit store targets.
- Deliver an inspirational, improved, and consistent visual customer journey instore which inspires our customers to shop and buy more often.
- To utilise and exploit data & Management Information to support with operational decisions.
- To implement a continuous improvement mentality.
- Build relationships with key partners across your Region and beyond to maximise all growth opportunities, execute fantastic events and drive conversion.
- To continuously seeking opportunities to develop future talent through performance tools and development programmes.
- A superb knowledge of Retail.
- A proven leadership track record and the ability to lead effectively through ambiguity.
- Tech savvy – an understanding of systems and have the ability to exploit them.
- Comfortable having difficult conversations and able to get effective resolutions with both colleagues and line managers.
- Able to juggle a number of priorities whilst still maintaining an excellent standard and working with pace.
- A desire to push boundaries and collaboratively make a difference.
- Demonstrate flexibility and resourcefulness to change and the ability to lead teams through change with a growth mentality.
What’s in it for you?
- A great work / life balance – working only 1 full weekend in 2.
- 20% Colleague discount on most things from furniture, fashion and of course food.
- First class welcome to M&S with a tailored 12-week induction in your training store.
- Options to progress – it’s something we’re proud of at M&S.
- Holiday Entitlement 28 days – with more earned the longer you’re with us
- Celebration Day – a paid day off to celebrate something that’s important to you *
- Charity Volunteer Day – A paid day away from work to support your chosen charity *
- Perks and Discounts via the M&S Choices website (these are great and there are lots!)
- Annual bonus
About the application process:
You’ll initially complete a short online application form and then take part in an on demand video interview. If successful, you’ll be invited to an interview or assessment.
Ready to apply?
We are an inclusive employer and are committed to an active Equal Opportunities Policy which starts with our recruitment and selection process.
If you consider yourself to have a disability or learning difficulty which means you are unable to complete the application process online, please get in touch either by phone on 0345 300 3725 or by email [email protected] so we can make alternative arrangements for you.
- Qualifying period applies