The Shift Manager will accomplish all shift work requirements by orienting, assisting and coaching employees. You will be making sure all standards are met by following production, productivity, quality and customer service standards. As a shift manager you will be monitoring operations, reallocating resources and solving operational problems in a fast paced environment.
If you are interested in a career leading to managing all aspects of a successful restaurant, including a team of around 150 employees, then the Shift Manager program would be a great first step.
This position is open to people whom have experience of working in retail, hospitality, business or a customer focused / facing environment; managing teams. Additionally, this role is restaurant based and involves working changeable shift patterns whilst including weekends, bank holidays and overnights.
You will initally be employed as a staff member while progressing through our training road map. We aim for full completion of the shift mamagement programme in approximately 3 months, therefor a keen ambition, desire to learn and an adaptable approach is required.
You will be required to undergo a number of elearning modules, complete workbooks and attend a few courses within this training period. one of which will see you become a qualified first aider.
Trial assessment: – Do you measure up to our basic criteria? First, you will undertake a restaurant-based On Job Evaluation (OJE), this will last 1-2 hours as you will get to try the job for real. Finally, an interview with the Business Manager, who will discuss your performance and decide if your experience is suited to the business.
- Display Leadership and role model customer focused behaviours to delight our customers
- Delivery of personalised service and connect with our customers
- Lead by example
- Adapt to customer needs through your team
- Answer customer queries – keep up to date with knowledge on our food and promotions
- Empower staff – to bring their best to work and deliver ‘The Vital Ingredients’
- Use initiative and confidence when interacting with colleagues and customers
- Treat all colleagues and customers with courtesy and respect.
- ‘can do’ attitude to work
- Team player
- Ability to mintain high food safety standards
There is a lot to learn, so the ability to process vast amounts of information is essential .
Experience preferred but not essential for the right candidate
As a Shift Manager you will undertake an extensive 12-16 week training period (As a Staff Member) to learn all the business basics, working in the kitchen, dining area and front counter. Initially managing small teams and finally taking responsibility for managing the whole shift.
You will work a variety of day parts, including breakfast, evenings and overnights (trading 24hrs) to become accustomed to shift work and experienced in all aspects of the business.
- Rate of pay – iIitally £9.75 per hour risng to £11.50PH after qualification with a £2PH overnight hours payment.
- Meal allowance
- Staff discounts programme
- 28 days annual leave
- Flexible schedule and request system
- Full training both internal and external
- Annual performance review with performance related payrise