Website UK Ministry of Defence
Provide inspiring leadership, set strategic direction and bring clarity to a challenging portfolio of work. Motivate, engage and continuously develop a high-performing, diverse and inclusive civilian and military team of over 100 people.
- Lead jointly with counter-parts in the Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy, work to align the civil and military nuclear sectors. Use strategic thinking and foresight to identify and seize potential opportunities over a 50+ year horizon.
- Lead cross-organisational work to build on and continue to develop a robust enterprise approach to nuclear safety, security and information.
- Ensure that our partners work together to achieve the best collective outcomes for nuclear and defence.
- Lead the contribution to and ensure the Ministry of Defence has an effective voice in shaping the UK’s nuclear deterrence policy and planning responsibilities. Build and maintain strong and effective relationships with Cabinet Office and Number 10, and across Whitehall.
- Build and continuously improve the Defence Nuclear Enterprise strategy, communications and policy engagement capabilities, bringing together and leading the various organisations who contribute to the delivery of the Enterprise.
- Develop a horizon scanning capability to enable effective decision making through the Permanent Secretary and Vice Chief-chaired Defence Nuclear Executive Board based on data-informed proposals to drive the right approach to resolving complex issues across the Enterprise.
- Represent UK Government and the Ministry of Defence on nuclear deterrence policy matters with NATO, UN or bilateral events.
- Undertake formal responsibilities within the Defence Nuclear Organisation, including the Senior Information Risk Officer and Senior Security Risk Co-Ordinator.
- Develop strong, healthy and constructive relationships with regulators, as part of an effective regulatory environment, that enables the nuclear programme to be delivered safely and securely.
Company: UK Ministry of Defence
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: London, England
Application Deadline: N/AApply Here