Website Network Rail
About the job
About Network Rail
Our passengers and freight users are at the heart of everything we do. We help connect people to their friends and families and get goods to their destination safely and efficiently. We’re an organisation where people matter.
We’re continuing to build a diverse organisation which is representative of the people we serve. We want to harness the skills and expertise of our people and attract the best talent, to enable a safe and accessible railway for everyone. To learn why inclusion is important to us, please click
About our people and the recruitment process – We’re an inclusive employer of choice and we welcome applications from everyone!
We encourage our colleagues to work flexibly, as we know traditional working patterns don’t always fit. If you want to consider working flexibly, just let us know and we’ll do our best to help and invest in your career with us , whilst you have a healthy work life balance.
We’re also a
To act as a senior commercial support resource for the route / programme. Provide professional commercial expertise and guidance to enable the route / programme to achieve compliance with relevant business targets, processes and procedures. To assist in the resolution of commercial issues and act as the champion within the function when these issues require escalation.
About the role (External)
- Act as the key commercial interface with programme / Route providing appropriate professional support, guidance and leadership.
- Assess commercial risk and implement suitable control measures where required.
- Manage the efficient and effective implementation of category strategies at programme / Route level.
- Take a leading role and advise on the management and resolution of variations, commercial disputes and claims arising from the programme / Route.
- Implement appropriate controls to monitor compliance with company commercial policies and procedures.
- Review supplier performance against agreed Key Performance Indicators and take appropriate corrective action where required.
- Manage the compliant and efficient provision of procurement services to programme / Route.
- Commercially manage relationships with contractors and suppliers to maximise benefit for Network Rail.
- Lead the commercial administration for any third party contractual arrangements that are undertaken by the programme / Route.
- Act as the primary interface with programme / Route business users to communicate the benefits of new contracts and suppliers.
- Work with relevant teams to provide commercial input into the business planning and maintainer renewals processes.
Job Skills, Experience and Qualifications
- Knowledge of the construction industry and related supply chains, including commercial and contract administration processes
- Knowledge of construction contracts
- Good leadership skills
- Highly numerate
- Able to effectively communicate at all levels, both internally and externally
- Effective and proven negotiation skills with ability to influence decision making
- Proven ability to manage and drive successful business change programmes
- Computer literate including ability to utilise in-house and external software
- Knowledge of railway industry contracts
- Educated to degree level or equivalent
- Membership of an appropriate professional organisation
How To Apply (External)
Salary : £53,202 – £59,853
Closing date : 17th October 2023 . – Late applications will not be accepted .
Click apply now to apply.
You can visit add a note to your application.
Network Rail Benefits –
All offers of employment are conditional upon satisfactory completion of pre-employment checks.