Website Network Rail
About the job
About Network Rail
Our passengers and freight users are at the heart of everything we do. We help connect people to their friends and families and get goods to their destination safely and efficiently. We’re an organisation where people matter.
We’re continuing to build a diverse organisation which is representative of the people we serve. We want to harness the skills and expertise of our people and attract the best talent, to enable a safe and accessible railway for everyone. To learn why inclusion is important to us, please click
About our people and the recruitment process – We’re an inclusive employer of choice and we welcome applications from everyone!
We encourage our colleagues to work flexibly, as we know traditional working patterns don’t always fit. If you want to consider working flexibly, just let us know and we’ll do our best to help and invest in your career with us , whilst you have a healthy work life balance.
We’re also a
Lead and direct the Infrastructure Maintenance delivery team in the inspection and maintenance of functional assets to standards and within budget
About The Role (External)
- Lead and direct the Infrastructure Maintenance team to achieve business and functional objectives and meet key performance measures.
- Manage development of individuals and the engagement of the team.
- Manage the arrangements for staff safety and competence.
- Identify and implement safety, asset performance, reliability, productivity and efficiency improvement initiatives.
- Manage the inspection and maintenance of assets to standards.
- Manage the prioritisation of work and delivery to plan.
- Check that safety, assurance, compliance, performance and business processes are followed.
- Identify and submit non compliances for approval and take appropriate action where required.
- Manage the process to handover and accept back assets being renewed, installed, or modified by projects.
- Restore to normal operation after completion of testing/investigation, equipment that has failed, been subject to an allegation or has been renewed as part of a maintenance delivered renewal programme.
- Develop and agree annual maintenance, inspection and testing programmes and resource levels.
- Develop and authorise quarterly work plans and resource levels.
- Identify and propose asset renewals.
- Review and approve method statements and/or plans for design and/or work activities as required.
- Undertake investigations and report on accidents/incidents.
- Undertake an agreed programme of safety tours, staff surveillance, work quality and asset condition checks.
Job Skills, Experience and Qualifications
- Relevant technical competence
- Experience in maintenance management, processes and techniques
- Knowledge of safety and compliance management processes
- Detailed knowledge of relevant standards and procedures
- Knowledge of operational railway environment
- Knowledge of other functional disciplines
- IRSE Licence holder (Signalling & Communications only)
- Local Accident & Incident Investigation
- Good interpersonal, influencing, communication and organisation skills
- Incorporated Engineer
- Membership of professional body
How To Apply (External)
Salary : £53,202 – £59,853
Closing date : 12th October 2023 . – Late applications will not be accepted .
Click apply now to apply.
You can visit add a note to your application.
Network Rail Benefits –
All offers of employment are conditional upon satisfactory completion of pre-employment checks.