Website Network Rail
About the job
We partner with our Network Rail routes and regions, delivering critical services and essential equipment to help get passengers and good to where they need to be. To find out more watch our video.
About Shared Services
Our Shared Services team deliver specialist processes that have a direct impact on the performance of Network Rail, our customers and suppliers. These services include payroll, accounts, finance, controls and compliance, reporting, recruitment and helpdesk support.
What will you be doing?
You will review and analyse train timetable data, highlighting variants that have caused disruption as a result of Network Rail carrying out engineering work. Line closures impact the train operating companies (TOCs) and their ability to deliver train services. Applying compensation formula, you’ll calculate payments that are owed to the TOCs in line with Schedule 4 of the Network Rail track access contract.. You’ll work with internal teams, for example finance, to discuss the compensation allocation, provide explanations and resolve queries. You will collate periodic statements and finance records, keeping accurate details / audit trails and ensure we are working within our contractual agreements.
- Calculate compensation owed to the TOCS in line with Schedule 4 of the Network Rail track access contract.
- Create statements and maintain audit trails / information.
- Complete calculations within the specified deadlines, working within periodic KPI’s / SLA’s
- Respond to queries via email in relation to compensation calculations, statements and timetables (variances)
The Ideal Candidate
- Great attention to detail with the ability to focus on specific tasks
- Analytical skills
- Intermediate excel skills
- Confident communicator with excellent communication skills
- The ability to organise and prioritise your work
- Experience working towards strict deadlines
What Could Set You Apart
- Good understanding of UK geography
- Understanding of train timetable process (schedule 4)
- Experience using a variety of IT systems
Role Title: Compensation Assistant
Salary range: £25,000 (Band 5)
Contract Type: Permanent
Location: The Quadrant, Elder Gate, Milton Keynes, MK9 1EN
At Network rail you will have a clear development path, access to training and enjoy a range of employee benefits, such as; up to 28 days annual leave, rail subsidies, a range of pension options, flexible and agile working arrangements, discounts on shopping, gym memberships and much more.
Closing date: 26/10/22
Click ‘apply for this job’ to apply. If you would like to speak the Resourcing Team please contact: [email protected]
About The Company
We’re an organisation where people matter. We matter to millions.
Our role is to run a safe, reliable and efficient railway, serving customers and communities. We exist to get people and goods where they need to be and to support our country’s economic prosperity. Safety is our number one priority.
We’re undertaking an ambitious change. Our vision is Putting Passengers First – becoming a company that is on the side of passengers and freight users.
As one of the UK’s leading equal opportunities employers, our values and the way we behave is important to us and we have created an environment where we value and respect every individual’s unique contribution. We have seven employee networks that provide fantastic support, opportunities and development for applicants from all backgrounds. Click here for more information
Network Rail Infrastructure Ltd