About the job
About the role:
At Next we have an amazing opportunity for a Senior Product Analyst to join our Product Finance Team at our Head Office in Leicestershire. The Product Finance team is pivotal in forecasting and budgeting the P&L from Sales through to Net Margin for the Stores, Online and Outlet businesses. As a Senior Product Finance Analyst you will work closely with the wider finance department to ensure accurate Sales & Profit projections.
If you’ve got excellent analytical skills and the ability to present your findings in a meaningful way whilst building strong relationships, we might have the perfect role for you.
- Be responsible for forecasting and budgeting the Online P&L from Sales to Net Margin by stream.
- Understand the cost of marking down our stock in the sale and recording Obsolescence including monitoring the monthly forecast.
- Conduct variance analysis and commentary of the P&L Vs forecast, budget and last year figures.
- Analyse product group profitability for all divisions including Menswear, Womenswear, Childrenswear and Home.
- Report on the Mid and End of season sale performance.
- Support the development of 1 direct report
- Previous experience in a similar commercial finance role and ideally qualified in ACA, ACCA or CIMA.
- Excellent analytical skills with the ability to interpret large volumes of data in a meaningful way to non financial colleagues.
- Ability to build strong relationships with employees across multiple business areas and have excellent influencing skills.
- Strong analytical skills including using Excel and other systems to examine data.
You know Next, but did you know we’re a FTSE-100 retail company employing over 35,000 people across the UK and Ireland. We’re the UK’s 2nd largest fashion retailer and for Kidswear we’re the market leader. At the last count we have over 500 stores, plus the Next Online and it’s now possible to buy on-line from over 70 countries around the world! So we’ve gone global!
- 25% off a huge selection of Next, Lipsy & Victoria’s Secret products
- Company performance based bonus
- Sharesave scheme
- On-site Nursery available; OFSTED outstanding in all areas
- 10% off most partner brands & up to 15% off Branded Beauty
- Early VIP access to sale stock
- Access to fantastic discounts at our Staff Shops
- Subsidised restaurant, coffee shop and juice bar
- Access a 24/7 digital GP and other free health and wellbeing services
- Free on-site parking
Our aim is to support all applicants during the application process and to provide reasonable adjustments when necessary and requested. If you would like to request support with your application due to any health condition, feel free to get in touch with us by calling us on 0116 284 6858 and leave a voicemail.