Website UK Ministry of Defence
About the job
In Detail,you Will
You will be part of a small team providing essential services to HM submarines and other authorised customers.
- Be responsible for the receipt, storage and distribution of Classified Mail received from the Defence Courier Service and processed under the guidelines laid down in JSP 367.
- Act as Alternative Crypto Custodian and execute the duties as directed by JSP 490.
- Receipt, store and distribute all Classified Mail from DCS iaw with JSP367.
- Liaise with all Base ported and visiting vessels and qualifying departments within HMNB Clyde with regard to the processing of all classified mail up to TS and STRAP.
- Supply all Crypto requirements including EK (Electronic Key) to the RNDA attached sub-accounts – 4 SSBN’S, COMMCEN.
- Assist in managing all HMNB Clyde and RNAD Coulport departments Crypto holders accounts, for compliance and assurance checks.
- Develop and improve new working practices and evolve the introduction of EKMS (Electronic Key Management System) and CODES (Cryptographic Operational Distribution Electronic System) in to RNDA daily tasking.
- Conduct monthly Crypto checks including external sites at HMS Gannet(Prestwick), and RNAD Coulport.
- Assist in the 100% muster of the RNDA full Crypto account annually, including SSBN’s, COMMCEN, Holders and RNAD Coulport.
- Supply EK (Electronic Key) to all RN vessels who have EK capability, including – Carriers (CV), Destroyers (DD), Frigates (FF) and MCM vessels.
- Assist with the “pay off” of full Crypto accounts including equipment to RNDA. Maintain and update the account for the duration of re-fit. Liaisie with the new custodian post refit to reinstate the new account.
- Assist the external auditor of the RNDA Crypto account conducted by CSD (Crypto Services to Defence).
- Box and package Crypto equipment from RNDA sub-accounts that are defective and return to the relevant UK MOD establishments.
- Ensure the correct security procedures, regarding the safe handling of Protectively Marked (PM) publications and Defence Courier Mail are adhered to at all times and that the department meets all courier deadlines.
- Receive Classified Material for archive / deposit for safekeeping. Destroy as directed.
- Act as nominated RNDA officer for on call as per duty roster list held by DNBO through a registered mobile phone.
A good working knowledge of Microsoft Office packages is desirable.
A full UK driving licence is desirable.