Website University Of Warwick
The Senior HR Assistant helps to provide an efficient and effective HR service to WBS acting as the first point of contact to line managers and staff on HR issues.
- Responsible for the inputting and monitoring of data for staff in the School on MIS and SuccessFactors. Liaising with staff in central HR and the Payroll team on payroll queries.
- Working closely with the Research Finance Officer and the Finance Office / CAO to work through the funding arrangements for new appointments and extensions of existing research staff funded by research grants and contracts to enable subsequent HR contractual actions.
- Work with the HR Officer using information generated by the central HR team to ensure the appropriate management of contracts such as indefinite linked to funding, fixed term contracts, probation, study leave etc.
- Support with coordinating training programmes and events for the School, liaising with room bookings, facilitators and attendees, attending on the day to ensure the smooth running of the event. Ensuring that appropriate hospitality and catering are arranged for events using University suppliers and maintaining good relationships with the Universities conference team.
- Other – HR. Assist the HR Officer and the HR Business Partner in the management of department processes including training, appraisal, merit pay and promotions. Provide clerical support on aspects of department training administration
- Recruitment and Induction. To be involved in the recruitment process supporting and advising managers as required in relation to advertising, completion of job descriptions and person specifications, short listing, interviews and reference requests.
- Managing academic panel arrangements; ensuring appropriate interview panel timing, composition and selection programme, liaising with and briefing academic candidates, arranging hospitality for academic panels and note-taking at panels, being supported by group support staff as required (e.g. group staff coordinating the arrangements on the interview day).
- Advising new starters on relocation and visa queries, liaising with HR Immigration and providing the initial on-site department induction to the new employee and ensuring Line Managers are managing probation processes effectively.
- General HR duties. Undertaking general daily HR and clerical duties and providing advice and guidance as appropriate involving recruitment, probation, correspondence with employees, keeping digital personal files up to date in line with GDPR, general staffing issues, attending general HR meetings across the University and providing cover for the HR Officer, as necessary. Provide advice and guidance to line managers on general HR issues, including terms and conditions, annual leave etc.
- Other such duties as required by the School’s HR Officer or HR Business Partner as appropriate to the grade of the role.
- (a, c)Essential Criteria 8Conversant in computer software such as Microsoft Office
(a, c)Essential Criteria 11A high degree of flexibility to respond to the changing needs of both academic and industry led research
(a, c)Essential Criteria 7Use of technical expertise and judgement to provide feasible and cost-effective decisions on the provision of quality equipment and components
(a, c)Essential Criteria 5Have worked effectively both independently and as part of a team within a project engineering environment
(a, c)Essential Criteria 4Be able to read and understand electrical drawings and hydraulic drawings to source and solve errors with industrial process equipment
- Essential Criteria 1Successfully completed an Engineering Apprenticeship, HNC / ONC in Engineering or
- similar qualification
(a, c)Essential Criteria 12Ability to work independently to tight deadlines to deliver high quality outcomes
(a, c)Essential Criteria 13A high level of health and safety awareness appropriate for the environment, and the ability to guide and supervise others in safe practice
Qualification & Experience:
- (a, c)Essential Criteria 10Excellent team working skills
- (a, c)Essential Criteria 9Excellent interpersonal skills to enable professional interaction with academics, students, external partners and visitors
- (a)Essential Criteria 3Experience of working with industrial process equipment (e.g., hydraulic presses, injection moulding machines)
- (a)Essential Criteria 2Experience in a related engineering discipline / environment
- (a, c)Desirable Criteria 1Experience in Automotive Engineering (a, c)Desirable Criteria 2Experience in structural composites materials processing / engineering (a, c)
- (a, c)Essential Criteria 6Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
Company: University Of Warwick
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Coventry, England
Application Deadline: N/AApply Here