Website Zoological Society of London
We’re ZSL, an international conservation charity. Our vision is a world where wildlife thrives and we’re working every day to achieve this. From investigating the health threats facing animals, to helping people and wildlife live alongside each other, we are committed to bringing wildlife back from the brink of extinction. Through the work of our pioneering scientists, our dedicated conservationists and our unrivalled animal experts in our two zoos, we guide and enable others in the UK and all across the world. Inspiring, informing, empowering – working for wildlife.
- Assisting, developing and recording training of other staff involved with laboratory animal management
- Such other duties as required by the Senior Animal Technician to assist in the smooth and efficient operation of the laboratory, including deputising when necessary for the Senior Animal Technician
- Husbandry including cleaning, watering, feeding and health checks
- Measuring of all environmental parameters in accordance with the ASPA.
- Ensuring Health and Safety requirements are met
- The opportunity to be part of an organisation that is committed to improving diversity and inclusion.
- Other benefits include 25 days holiday, life assurance, stakeholder pension (employer contribution is matched up to 12%), complimentary zoo tickets with a 30% discount in shops and online, subsidised canteen, enhanced paternity and maternity leave, season ticket loan, cycle to work scheme, discounted gym membership and access to a wide range of learning and development opportunities including LinkedIn Learning.
- Applicants will need to upload their CV and covering letter (detailing relevant experience and skills, stating why they want the position and including details of availability) and can do this by clicking the
- Apply for this job online” button. If you have any queries regarding this position or when applying through the system, please contact Human Resources at [email protected].
- We are committed to improving diversity and inclusion. We recognise the value of having employees with diverse skills, experiences, and abilities, we therefore, encourage applications from all backgrounds.
- You will have access to a blended program of Wellbeing initiatives, including confidential access to our 24/7 Employee Assistance Program as well as regular webinars and activities around mental, physical, social and financial wellbeing.
Qualification & Experience:
- Previous experience working with animals; knowledge of amphibian/aquatic husbandry, and working under laboratory conditions, is advantageous.
Company: Zoological Society of London
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: London, England
Application Deadline: N/AApply Here